"You've Got The Gift"
when a buncha old fogeys tell you that you've got the gift, they really mean it.
i jammed with a whole buncha old folks tonight...man...i'm pretty sure they could've done the funky chicken all night long.
so these are the songs i'll be doing with them:
1) Imagine
2) Desperado (YAY!!!)
3) I Will Survive
4) You've Got A Friend
5) Separate Lives (the one that's playing on my blog right now)
while the rest went to the loo, DP, Andrew and I tried out Now and Forever and If I Ain't Got You...and i realized i could do both songs as well.
the latter is a very interesting song to sing. some people would apply vocal gymnastics to it, but pure and simple sounds good enough ;)
singing I Will Survive is definitely a step outta the box. it's so unlike the ballads that i usually do.
and i surprised the guys by just spouting out the lyrics of all those old-time beatles and elvis numbers...haha.
seriously, van morrison should be fun as well...remember Brown-Eyed Girl?
note to self: learn how to play If I Ain't Got You.
i got home past one am...because i just had to have coffee with the guys. and they drove me home.
they're schweet.
Tuesday, October 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment