SOMEBODY LIKE YOU
had dinner with the boyfriend's family this evening, then went to one of his friends' place for a game of citadel.
i usually don't take to instructions very well and prefer to play a round to understand the new game.
and i always amaze myself with how i play the it.
for someone who hasn't played these games before, i think i add a pretty interesting perspective.
playing such games would also reflect one's personality.
anyways, it was a fun game and i'd love to play it again. =)
on a separate note, while sending me home post-citadel, the boyfriend's ex-classmate (in the backseat) asked a rhetorical "it's the least he can do right, sending you home?"
no.
it's no obligation.
whoever dictated a boyfriend code which stated chauffering the girlfriend around was a must?
the boyfriend is not my chauffer.
if he does go out of his way to give me a lift to anywhere, i know it is only because he wants to hold my hand for that 20-minute trip, send me up to my place and say hi to the folks.
and kiss me goodnight.
but no. no obligation to send me home or anywhere, ever.
same goes for doing things for/with each other.
we do them only because we really want to, and not because we think the other party will like it and so we do it to keep him/her happy.
we need to be happy doing it too.
i'm happy he is forward-looking and optimistic.
counters my morbidity and cynicism.
and here's a tune from today's random selection thrown out by the iPod...
There's a new wind blowing like I've never known
I'm breathing deeper then I've ever done
And it sure feels good to finally feel the way I do
I wanna love somebody, love somebody like you
And I'm letting go of all my lonely yesterdays
I've forgivin' myself for the mistakes I've made
Now there's just one thing, the only thing I wanna do
I wanna love somebody, love somebody like you
I wanna feel the sun shine, shining down on me and you
When you put your arms around me
you let me know there's nothing in this world I can't do
I used to run in circles going nowhere fast
I'd take one step forward and a two steps back
Couldn't walk a straight line, even if I wanted to
I wanna love somebody, love somebody like you.
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment