Friday, December 22, 2006

MY BABY YOU

this is probably the umpteenth time i've used this song as theme to a blog.

it's funny how the random selection of songs on your ipod library seems to be able to pick out tunes to reflect exactly how you feel for the morning.

walking out of chinatown mrt station onto pagoda street, tracing the string of moss on the moist tiles of the stretch under the gentle pitter patter of drizzle.

marc anthony ballads are perfect for such weather.

especially this song he supposedly wrote for his daughter, and cried the first time he performed it on stage (thereafter vowing never to sing this song LIVE ever again).

while the boyfriend and i share many fundamentals, we still do have differing opinions on subjects.

and we talk about them, mostly online.

because when we physically meet up, we simply can't...talk.

we just melt into each other's arms, do the baby-language thing, and just love each other.

he is so real.

the only difference between him being with me and him being with his pals is that he whispers to me, and is very soft-spoken.

and he manages to sense my most vulnerable moments to step in and just hug me till i'm done being upset (mostly because i laugh till i can't cry no more).

so here's my song for the day for you, mi novio.

As I look into your eyes

I see all the reasons why
My life’s worth a thousand skies

You’re the simplest love I’ve known

And the purest one I’ll own
Know you’ll never be alone

My baby you
Are the reason I could fly
And cause of you
I don’t have to wonder why
Baby you

There’s no more just getting by
You’re the reason I feel so alive

Though these words I sing are true

They still fail to capture you
As mere words can only do

How do I explain that smile

And how it turns my world around
Keeping my feet on the ground

I will soothe you if you fall
I’l be right there if you call
You’re my greatest love of all

No comments: