Tuesday, March 15, 2005

FORGET ABOUT LOVE

it was the melody of the song that caught my attention eons back, but listening to the lyrics of the song got me pondering...

DO WE REALLY NEED A NEW LOVE TO MAKE US FORGET THE OLD ONE?

mark wills sings it like this:

He said goodbye - you watched him turn and walk away
Before your eyes - there went the plans you made
His memory rolls down your cheek
In the shadows all alone
Girl take my hand, take one more chance
Let me turn the light back on

Nothing makes you forget about love like love
Makes you forget about, the one who let you down
It's over now, you've cried enough
Give me a little time
And in my arms you'll find
Nothing makes you forget about love like love

A human heart - sometimes can only take so much
Girl let me start - to pick the pieces up
Let's strike a match to the past
And we'll dance inside the flame
Once you feel a love that's real
You won't recall his name

I know it's hard to reach for someone else
But please close your eyes and trust your heart
And let love do the rest

Nothing makes you forget about love like love


and if you do need a new love to bring you in from the cold, how'd you know it isn't a wrong love?

how would you know if that new love is real...and not some fella who just happens to be there?

love is so undefinable you don't even know when it's staring you in the face.

it's so funny to hear mark wills sing this on the same album:

Wouldn't wanna go calling this love
That word isn't close enough
To describe what we've got here
My heart is still in one piece
I can eat and I can sleep
I haven't cried one single tear
I never lost my freedom
And I'm too secure to be afraid

This can't be love you're giving me
It feels so good, comes so easy
It's gettin' stronger every day
Like it's never gonna fade away
This can't be love I feel for you
It's nothing like what I've been through
It's gotta be something new
This just can't be love

Every love I knew up until now
Picked me up just to let me down
I've been every shade of blue
I never quite felt sure inside
A little nervous and a little tongue tied
Bit i can always talk to you
Look at us we're still together
Love's never taken me this far


this whole song sorta insinuates that love needs to hurt to some extent...because if you ain't crying or losing sleep over it, it ain't love.

perhaps i'm being too cynical.

maybe the lyrics really meant happy tears and losing sleep over happy thoughts.

when coleman told me he loved me, i asked how he knew.

he said he was experiencing something new, and that he'd never felt that way about anyone else before.

so love is undefinable, yet, when we do fall in love, we know what we are...in love.

because it just feels different.

No comments: