Monday, May 02, 2005

GETTING OVER YOU

How can I start all over
Knowing we'll just be friends

And what will I do with my mornings
What will I do with my nights
You want answers that I can't give
You want words I don't know
Ask me when I'm through
Getting over you


- Janis Ian

thomas ong really opened the floodgates.

no, i didn't cry.

but seeing him unleashed a tirade of indescribable emotions.

before i go on though, i must stress that i DID NOT go out with thomas ong.

i went out with someone who looked a lot like him - cole.

i halted any chance i had with cole...purely because there was that nagging red light going off in my head.

a certain vibe i couldn't put my finger on made me stop us from going that step further.

i'm glad i followed my instincts, seeing what he's gone through since then and our present relationship, or lack of it.

but there's no denying we're still soulmates.

i'm guilty of having cole as a subconscious benchmark for intellectual conversation.

NO ONE has come close to our "speechless" evenings.

goes to show that the one who puts a stop to a burgeoning relationship doesn't necessarily have it easy.

the only thing i have yet to get over is, simply, how we came together so seamlessly.

but...that ship has sailed.

i'm just waving it into the horizon.

i'm glad the view from my room is of the water...its movement is keeping me sane at a time when i desperately need someone to just...hold me.

No comments: