Sunday, February 23, 2003

The Long and Short of It
Is that the oppression of today?

The cake on my face - my oppression
The sparkling smile - my oppression
Am I really that fake?

Do I feel such because I am depressed?
Or simply because I am woMan?
I have been branded "Oppressed".

Flashback to a time when they said I was "too skinny".
"Your uniform seems a little tight now".
Question: To slim down or not to?

Emaciated images reduce me
To plain jane mangled mess.
Just be yourself? Bull.

Who the hell am I?

Staring out of the window
Chanced upon a couple quarreling in the next block.
Then suddenly, she spun around
"What do you think you're looking at" slapped me in the face.

Woke up in cold sweat wondering
If HE was watching me then
I was paranoid.

Dawned on me then
Perhaps I was HE
Maybe I was...BIG BROTHER.

Then I cried.
For the past few nights I cried.
What is happening to me?

I'm turning into what I've feared most.
I'm becoming...sheep.
Baa...Baa...

Somebody please help me!
I don't want to conform!
Help...please help me...

I want to rage.
But can I?
Should I?
Do I have the strength to?

Help me...please.

Who am I?

No comments: